The term arch pain (often referred to as arch strain) refers to an inflammation and/or burning sensation at the arch of the foot. The plantar fascia is a broad band of fibrous tissue located along the bottom surface of the foot, that runs from the heel to the forefoot. this often becomes strained.
APPEARANCE OF ARCH PAIN
- On standing the patient may have a flat arch.
- The foot may roll over to the inner aspect.
SYMPTOMS OF ARCH PAIN
Pain and soreness in the arch region of the foot.
CAUSES OF ARCH PAIN
The major cause of arch pain is plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is caused by excessive stretching of the plantar fascia, usually due to over-pronation (flat feet).The inflammation caused by the plantar fascia being stretched away from the heel, often leads to pain in the heel and arch areas.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
We have a internationally acclaimed podiatry clinic based in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Many patients from the UAE come for specific advanced treatment option for Arch Pain.
If you would like to book an appointment or if you have any queries please get in touch and we will only be too pleased to help. You can contact us by:
Telephone: +44121 285 1367
- Click on the link above to provide immediate relief for this condition.
- Avoid high-heeled shoes whenever possible.
- Purchase high quality insoles to take pressure and pain away from the arch.